Request an Absentee Ballot
TO REQUEST AN ABSENTEE BALLOT for the Nov. 5, 2019 Ridgefield Municipal Election:
- Click one of the Absentee Ballot Application links below
- Fill out, print, and sign the application (original signatures are required).
- Bring in or mail the completed application to the Town Clerk’s Office, 400 Main St., Ridgefield, CT 06877.
Absentee ballots for the Nov. 5, 2019 Ridgefield Municipal Election are also available in-person at the Town Clerk’s office from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday through Friday until Monday, 11/4/19 at 4:30 pm. In addition, the Town Clerk’s office will be open on Saturday, November 2 from 9 am to 12 pm for absentee voting. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (203) 431-2783 for further information.
Upon receipt of your official Absentee Ballot in the mail, carefully complete the ballot, according to the included instructions and return in the provided envelope by US Mail or in person to the Town Clerk’s Office, 400 Main St., Ridgefield, CT 06877. Only complete absentee ballots received before the close of polls on the day of the election will be counted.
Can I vote absentee? Connecticut has strict laws regarding who can vote absentee.
- Are you an active member of the armed forces of the United States?
- Will you be out of town during all the hours of voting on Election Day?
- Does illness prevent you from voting in person on Election Day?
- Do your religious beliefs prevent you from performing secular activities like voting on Election Day?
- Will you be performing duties as an election official at a polling place other than your own during all the hours of voting on Election Day?
- Do you have a physical disability that prevents you from voting in person on Election Day?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you are eligible to vote absentee.
Who can download an application for absentee ballot? An application for absentee ballot may be downloaded by an individual for:
- The individual’s own use
- The use of a member of the individual’s immediate family
- The use of a designee of the applicant
NOTE: Any person who will distribute five (5) or more absentee ballot applications to persons other than the individual’s immediate family must register with and obtain forms from the Town Clerk of the municipality where such forms will be distributed before distributing such forms.