By Carina Drake
November 8th was momentous, as voters chose underdog Democrats and shunned extremist Republicans across America. That dynamic held across Connecticut, particularly in Ridgefield.
Ridgefield’s Democratic Town Committee thanks town voters for sweeping our candidates to victory and advancing voting rights. Ridgefielders expressed trust and confidence in every Democratic candidate. Democrats accept the public’s trust as a sacred obligation to work for the common good of all humanity. Democrats pledge to represent, lead, and govern to their best abilities, informed by inclusive public interest.
The Democratic slate on Ridgefield ballots exhibited excellence at every single position:
- US Senator Richard Blumenthal
- US Representative Jim Himes (4th Congressional District)
- Governor Ned Lamont & Lt. Governor Susan Bysiewicz
- Secretary of the State-elect Stephanie Thomas
- Attorney General William Tong
- Treasurer-elect Erick Russell
- Comptroller-elect Sean Scanlon
- 24th District State Senator Julie Kushner
- 26th District State Senator-elect Ceci Maher
- 111th District State Representative Aimee Berger-Girvalo
- 42nd District State Representative-elect Keith Denning
- 45th District Probate Judge-elect Steven Boa DeMoura
- Ridgefield Democratic Registrar of Voters Cindy Bruno
Our candidates campaigned with virtue, honesty, substance, and respect for voters. They refused to dignify baseless attacks. Instead, they ran positive and substantive campaigns. We are justly proud of them all.
Carina Drake, Chair
Ridgefield Democratic Town Committee