Democrats in Ridgefield, Danbury and New Fairfield have enthusiastically nominated Jeff Tomchik as our candidate for the 138th district seat in the Connecticut House of Representatives.
Jeff Tomchik’s life has been all about serving our country and communities. A veteran of the United States Marine Corps, Jeff has proudly served the citizens of Danbury as a firefighter, Emergency Medical Technician and Union leader for more than 13 years. Jeff commits his time to the community, volunteering with the MORE Commission, the Muscular Dystrophy Association, Operation Warm, and Guiding Eyes for the Blind — he is always ready to give back and help others.
Jeff attended Norwich University Military College of Vermont, and most recently earned a Bachelor’s degree in Labor Studies from the National Labor College.
Jeff and his wife Heather grew up in the Greater Danbury area; they live in Danbury with their black lab, Shadow.
Jeff’s governing priorities:
- BUDGET: Jeff will not vote for a tax increase. Gone are the days of spending more than we can afford.
- PUBLIC SAFETY: Jeff is dedicated to ensuring that public safety meets the needs of the community while maintaining fiscal responsibility.
- VETERANS: Jeff’s experience in the US Marine Corps means he will be a champion for our Veterans. Veterans have earned the right for tax relief and small business assistance.
- SENIORS: As someone who works with seniors everyday, Jeff believes that seniors deserve lower property taxes, lower prescription drug costs, and the services they have earned.
- EDUCATION: Jeff understands the need for strong educational foundations. He believes these values will prepare our future generations for building a stronger Connecticut.