For many voters in 2020, voting by Absentee Ballot was a great way to ensure safety during the COVID-19 pandemic.This year, through legislative action specific to the COVID-19 virus, voters like you can still choose to vote by Absentee Ballot if you so choose for your own safety. But to do so you must act now. Apply TODAY for your Absentee Ballot.
You do NOT have to be sick. You do NOT have to be out of town. You may simply want to vote absentee to avoid the possibility of contracting COVID-19.
THIS municipal election is crucial because your vote is your affirmation of representative democracy—which is under attack, nationwide, by the Republican Party.
THIS municipal election on November 2nd is crucial because it determines who will make local decisions about how your tax dollars are managed to:
- Educate your children and grandchildren
- Sustain our exceptional infrastructure, roads, recreational areas and police and firedepartments
- Preserve our town and environment—built and open spaces, wetlands and aquifers
- Safeguard Ridgefield’s financial strength—prudent spending to limit town debt, keep AAA credit rating and minimize tax increases.
This election is key to saving our democracy. This election is key to Ridgefield’s future. Take the first step. VOTE LINE A in 2021 and urge all your friends and neighbors to do the same.
Apply NOW for an Absentee Ballot
- IMMEDIATELY: Download, complete, and sign the application form (click here), THEN mail or hand deliver it to “Town Clerk, Ridgefield Town Hall, 400 Main St., Ridgefield, CT 06877” Ridgefield Town Hall in the enclosed envelope. You may also deposit your application in the ballot box on Bailey Avenue, next to Town Hall.
- Look for your official ballot in the mail. It will arrive at the address you specified on the application.
- UPON RECEIPT: Complete and return your ballot so it arrives by Nov. 2, 2021. You may mail it, deliver it to the Town Clerk’s office personally, or drop it in the ballot box on Bailey Avenue, next to Town Hall.